The Union Skyhouse Iconic Union Skyhouse with Hood Canal views
Size –3 Bedrooms • 4 Bathrooms (3 full, 1 half) 4 Baths (3 full, 1 half) • Sleeps 1-11
Iconic, one-of-a-kind 1970's PNW home on Alderbrook Creek with Skyroom views of the Hood Canal and Olympic Mountains. Surround yourself in nature with two levels of wrap-around decks, or walk amongst the treetops on the Skyroom balcony. This one-of-a-kind home sleeps 11, with three bedrooms and 3.5 baths. Perfect for a group retreat, family getaway, or reunion!
- MAIN LEVEL
- The primary bedroom has a king bed and full sized sofa bed. It is also equipped with a walk-in closet, dresser, TV with Amazon Firestick, and a gas fireplace.
- The guest suite has a queen bed, private entrance, 3/4 bath en suite, TV with Amazon Firestick, and wet bar with a mini fridge and a Keurig.
- The living room, primary bathroom, and kitchen/dining room are also on the main level. No need to use the stairs at all for guests with mobility issues!
- LOWER LEVEL
- The "rec room" has a full-sized sleeper sofa and single folding cot. This room has a door for privacy, a wet bar, and a smart TV.
- The lower level bedroom is cozy with a king bed, dresser, and closet.
- The first landing in the Skytower has a utility closet and powder room.
- The Skyroom, at the top of the tower, is a lounge space equipped with seating, floor cushions, and a vinyl record player.
Other spaces at the Skyhouse include the spa room, laundry facilities, a lower-level full bath (tub & shower), outdoor picnic table, outdoor lounge area with gas fire table, outdoor wood fire pit, and garage stocked with recreational gear. All are available for guest use!
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. Fifty percent (50.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 10 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 10 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
About the OwnerWe found this property on the market in Summer 2020. After a four month escrow, we started some basic rehab, including repairing the deck, replacing fixtures, scraping some popcorn ceilings, and adding new paint & flooring. Some of the elements were modernized, but most were kept in line or taken back to their original form. One day when cleaning out a closet before ripping out its carpet, we found a tube mailer with the house's blueprints inside. The original blueprints! That's when we found the name "Harkness Skyhouse" (named for its architecht, David Harkness), and we have called it the Skyhouse ever since.
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
4 Bathrooms (3 full, 1 half)
4 Baths (3 full, 1 half)